5 Ways to Make Your Wedding Day Last Forever
Once the big day is over and done with, many brides feel a little empty. In fact, post-wedding depression is an actual ailment. It’s no surprise; you’ve been spending months working like crazy on one major life event, and just like that, it’s over. You can’t go back in time, but you can capture the essence of your wedding and share it with your new spouse for years to come. Here are some ways to keep the feeling of your wedding alive and well:
- Get your wedding dress preserved. One of the things brides hate the most post-wedding is that they’ll never have an opportunity to wear their wedding gown again. If you get it professionally preserved, you can ask for a clear front box so you can see it all the time- just be sure to keep it out of sunlight. Who knows, maybe your daughter will wear your dress one day!
- Frame your vows. This is an especially great one if you guys wrote your own vows. You can send your vows to a company that superimposes them over one of your wedding photos, which looks amazing.
3. Document your engagement experience. If you’re like me and you aren’t super creative or need help getting started, I recommend getting the Bride to Be book. There are areas to journal how you feel and spaces for pictures, stories, wedding stationery, and mementos from your honeymoon! It’s a really fun wedding project for you and your fiance to do together that won’t end in tears (at least not the sad kind.)
4. Get a shadow box. There’s no limit to what you can put in there. A copy of your invitation, photos of you guys seeing each other for the first time, your preserved bouquet…anything that reminds you of what an amazing day it was, stick it in the shadow box.
5. Take a look at your spouse. The real magic wasn’t the event itself. It was that you took a day to commit to each other for life, and everyone meaningful to you shared in a celebration of your love. Don’t assume that the good stuff is over; it’s just beginning.